Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Big girls DO cry

First things first...  My apologies to anyone that may have passed an overweight girl in black shorts, pink tank and white cap that was crying while walking on the Crabtree Creek Trail.  Yep, you guessed it - that was me.  I left work a few minutes early this afternoon, bound and determined to get in at least 4-4.5 miles since I will be missing my run on Saturday.  Needless to say, my left hip and knee had other plans for me.  I had feeling it was going to be a slower run because of a little annoyance in my left leg.  After 3/4 mile the pain got a little more annoying, then after 1 mile I just knew I couldn't keep going.  I ended up ending my run after 1.3 miles and had to walk the rest of the way back. 

I cried off and on the entire way back to my car.  I cried because my hip and knee hurt terribly.  I cried because I had to stop running.  I cried because I had to still walk back to my car even though I hurt.  I cried because I am proud of what I have done thus far.  I cried because I want to keep going, but things keep holding me back.  I cried because tears seem to make it all feel better.

Two days ago, I was feeling awesome about running.  I was a confident woman who was sure that running was her "thing".  For the moment, this has gone out the window.  I know that the feeling will come back, but I wish it didn't have to leave.  These are the times that I am beyond thankful for my encouraging husband.  Without his strong words of encouragement and belief in me, I would not have kept this up.  

So, here's to figuring out what is up with the hip and knee and getting back on the trail... 

No comments:

Post a Comment