Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend in review

I love reliving the weekend via a catch up post!  It makes getting through Monday that much easier.

Friday:
  • Did walking workout with folks from work during lunch.  We have exercise classes scheduled (usually) two days at week at a local gym for staff members that wish to participate.  Most Fridays someone will put a walking video on.  It was nice to get in a bit of exercise in the middle of the day.
  • Dinner after work with the hubs at Milton's.  I wanted to order pizza so badly, but in the end I decided to Pasta Primavera with Shrimp.  I was totally satisfied and ate less than half!
Saturday:
  • I was supposed to get up and do a 5-miler.  When I woke up and heard the rain, I went right back under the covers.  (Kudos to my friends that did the Krispy Kreme Challenge in the rain!)
  • Hubs and I met up with my college roomie, Charity, for lunch at Village Deli followed by some shopping at Fleet Feet.  Charity got some new shoes and socks so she can start training for her first 5K.  I got a sweet hot pink sport skirt off the clearance rack.
  • Ran a couple errands and went grocery shopping
  • The rain cleared up in the afternoon and I knew I needed to get my miles in.  I set my Garmin for (15) 3:30/1 intervals and finished 5.75 miles on the greenway.  I had a totally new experience while running and I haven't decided if I will blog about it or not, it might be too much information.
  • Cooked a near-gourmet dinner at home - filet (tuna steak for the hubs) with roasted asparagus and Parmesan orzo
Sunday:
  • Stayed in bed way later than I planned
  • Fixed a breakfast casserole and got the chili in the crock pot
  • Went for a 6.4 mile walk with Charity
  • Fixed "crack dip" for pre-game festivities
  • Had some great friends over to watch the Packers win the Super Bowl (although, I find the commercials much more interesting than the actual game)
It was a great weekend!  Even though the weekends are short, writing and reading about the weekend later in the week makes me happy!

1 comment: