Wednesday, November 7, 2012

{NaBloPoMo - day 7}

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 -- Talk about the last compliment you received.

It's no secret that I train at Raleigh CrossFit.  It's also no secret that I have to work really hard to not compare myself to the RX gals.  You know the type I am talking about - big ass tire throwin', 36 inch box jumpin' strong girls...  

Yesterday, I had to do Randy, one of the benchmark workouts for the Lurong Living Paleo Challenge.  I was partnered with Dena.  Dena's a firefighter and one of what I consider to be a "RX gal".  The first time I did Randy, I finished in 7:18.  Even though I wasn't feeling quite up to snuff, I had a goal to finish in 6 minutes.  With encouragement from Dena, I finished in 5 minutes.  Later on in the afternoon, Dena sent me a message on Facebook saying, "...You killed it today..."  Hearing that from one of the "RX gals" put a big 'ole smile on my face.  I know that wouldn't be much to some people, but having one of the "RX gals" give me a compliment made me beam!  Keeping that tucked away in the back of my mind for one of those days in the future when I might want to try to slack off.

No comments:

Post a Comment