Friday, September 21, 2012

{New Recipe 31 - Paleo Orange Chicken}

It's been entirely too long since I posted a recipe post.  Unfortunately, while I was dealing with the wheat/gluten intolerance diagnosis, etc. I lost a lot of my cooking mojo.  It's back!  YAY!

Chinese food has always been a staple for us. We love going to Peace China or Spring Rolls for dinner.  Unfortunately, that's probably not the best idea now. I have been craving Chinese and ran across this recipe on Health-Bent.  It looks crazy simple and was ridiculously delish!


Paleo Orange Chicken:
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3 Tbsp. coconut oil (I used 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil)
Juice of 2 oranges
Zest from 1 orange (oops! I forgot this!)
1 tsp fresh ginger
3 Tbsp. coconut aminos
1 tsp Sriracha
3 green onions, diced

In a medium size sauce pot, add the orange juice, zest, ginger, coconut aminos and chili garlic sauce or sriracha. Set over medium heat and let simmer to reduce and thicken while the chicken cooks. In a saute pan, heat 3 T of the fat of your choice, over medium high heat. Add the chopped chicken thighs and cook until a nice brown crust has developed on the chicken pieces, about 6 minutes. Add the chicken to the sauce pot and stir to coat with the orange sauce. Serve topped with sliced green onions.


When it was all done, I served it with some steamed broccoli.  This was so good that evening, but even better the next day for lunch!  Definitely on our must have again list.

1 comment: