Sometimes my feelings of self-doubt come roaring around my mind and I feel like I have no control over them. Here's some of the crazy crap that has gone through my head just in the two days of the weekend:
- Why aren't you losing weight? You are going to be right back at 340 pounds before you know it you lazy sloth.
- Why do you even go to hot yoga? You look like an idiot. You can't do half the poses correctly.
- Why did you decide to dress as Belle for the half marathon? You weren't nearly as cute as some of the other girls.
- Are you really considering signing up for another half this spring and 2 in the fall? Are you trying to set yourself up for disappointment?
- If you say you love to run so much, why didn't you get your behind out of bed this morning to run with your friends?
Sometimes this just happens... I usually end up in a funk for the day, but eventually I am able to tell that voice to shut the heck up.
I guess life can't always be puppies and rainbows, but sometimes you just gotta think puppies and rainbows or you will be miserable. I guess this is just part day-to-day life... It is just annoying when it happens.
Here's to thinking puppies and rainbows.