Thursday, March 15, 2012

New Recipe 17 and NCAA brackets

I have no clue why I can't
get the picture oriented right :-(
Last night, we had another new recipe.  I am happily well on my way to getting in 52 new recipes this year!  We invited my cousin and her husband over so the boys could work on brackets.  I fixed Orecchiette with Italian Sausage for dinner.  I have never cooked orecchiette, but one of my favorite dishes at The Grand Floridian Cafe (Disney World) is the Orecchiette with Shrimp.  I swear that I would eat this dish multiple times a day when visiting Walt Disney World - so yummy!

Last week, I found a similar recipe in Rachael Ray magazine, but when I was looking for it online I couldn't find it.  Well, thank goodness for following lots of food blogs and finding Sunday Nite Dinner!   



We prepared the recipe just as directed.  The next time we may make a few modifications.  We discussed the possibility of adding sun-dried tomatoes and/or roasted red peppers for a little more color.  I also think a little white wine might a good addition.  The hubs and I will likely make this with shrimp or chicken in the future since we don't eat (turkey) sausage all that much.  


After dinner, we set to working on the NCAA brackets.  Jason gets frustrated when I do my bracket(s) each March.  I am not super competitive and really don't care who wins the tournament.  So, when doing my bracket, I complete it with my under-over-mascot-color method.  In other words, sometimes I pick the higher (or lower) ranking team, sometimes I pick the mascot I like, and sometimes I picked based on the school colors.  I know that some of you may think it is a slap in the face of NCAA basketball, but it works for me.  In fact, I normally beat the hubs :-)  So, without further ado...  

You can't really see it all that well...BUT, here's the deal.  My hubs is a huge Carolina fan (and alum).  He's slightly annoyed because I don't have Carolina going all the way - I have them losing in the Elite 8.  Part of me hopes that I am wrong, but I just don't feel like they have the "umph" to get through the tourney.  We'll see...



No comments:

Post a Comment