Thursday, March 8, 2012

NaBloPoMo - Video of Dreams or Datebook

Would you rather have a video copy of your dreams or a datebook that contains the events of every day of your life?


The answer to this one came so easily and without hesitation - I would love to have a datebook that contained the events of every day of my life.  My dreams are often very strange and don't really relate back to anything in my daily life.  But, if I had the datebook, I could look back at days in the past and relive those good (and not so good) memories.  Some I can think of right now:

  • One fall day when I was around 8 or 9, my PawPaw and Granny Pilcher took me fishing.  It was so very cold, at least to me, that day.  It also was pretty dang breezy.  I remember catching my first blue fish.  When we got back to the dock, my PawPaw helped me clean it and wrap it to take it home.  I put it in the freezer that evening and we ended up never eating the fish.
  • When I was a little child, probably 3 or 4, I used to "help" my PawPaw Brown in his garden.  He could grow anything.  He just had a magic touch - could grow collards bigger than you could imagine, yummy scuppernog grapes, tons of cucumbers, and every other yummy veggie.  I remember getting in trouble for yanking at the grapevines.  He would fuss because in an effort to get a couple grapes, I would end up tearing down the entire vine.
  • My 21st birthday (no, not the party part) - I visited my hometown the weekend of my 21st birthday.  My mom made a cake for me to take back to Meredith to share with my girlfriends.  On my way back to Raleigh, I stopped by Granny Brown's and she also had made me my favorite "chocolate" cake (yellow cake with chocolate icing).  When I got to school, I put the cake my mom made in the community refrigerator and told everyone to have some.  I put the cake Granny made in the refrigerator in my room and would only share with people I really liked... Since then, my Granny has made me a cake to take home for my birthday every year.
  • I remember Christmas 1992 (or 1991) - I was in the middle of my 6th grade year at Beaufort Middle.  My Uncle Curtis gave me a "spirit ring" for my middle school.  What's a spirit ring?  Like a class ring for middle school - silly, I know.
  • January 14, 1999 - I was a freshman at Meredith College.  I was attending a viewing of Artemesia for my art history class, then a meeting for my job at the YMCA.  When I got back to the dorms, things were weird... My roommate told me that I needed to call my parents.  My Daddy told me that my Nanny (great-grandmother) had passed away.  I knew she was sick, but I thought she would live forever.  She is one person that continues to influence me on a daily basis because of how she lived every day of her life.
  • May 6, 2006 - The day I married my awesome hubs!  I was given the opportunity to share my love and marriage to the most fantastic guy with some of the most amazing people in my life.
That's no where near the amount of memories that I would love to replay in my mind every day, but those are some of my favorites.  Most of my memories revolve around my family and a few very close friends.  I wouldn't change one thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment