Sunday, March 11, 2012

Finally settled in my new office

Several weeks ago, I moved from the office that I had been in for 14 months, during renovations to our building.  I never really got settled in my temporary space because it was an odd situation... The office where I was assigned was meant for two people, but I was the only one in there.  I did the best I could to make it comfortable, knowing that the arrangement was temporary.  


The week before the move back into our renovated offices, I worked hard to pack things up.  I was very methodical about how I packed because I knew that I wanted to get things "right" as soon as possible.  I am one of those people that needs my "creature comforts" around in order to be the most productive.  Silly as it may sound, I just need everything in its "home".


Move day arrived and I got to work quite early.  I knew that I wanted to get as much moved before the movers got there and all my coworkers started moving all their belongings in.  I went to my temporary space and moved my personal items. I knew where I was going to put everything temporarily and I got to settling in my new space.  Not long thereafter, my buddy in IT got my computer set up and I was up and running.  My coworkers were amazed that I got settled so quickly...  They were all still immersed in their "box hell" and I was just working away and happy as a clam!  I guess that's what happens when you are totally Type A and think every scenario through before you execute the plan.    


The past few weeks have been slightly uncomfortable in my office because I didn't have all my pictures up, but that changed today!  I knew that there was no way that I could get my diploma, pictures, etc. up without some help.  Thanks to my awesome in-laws, my office is 99.9% complete!  We got to the office at 10 a.m. and got to work.  We spread all my pictures out and (of course) thought through where things would look best.  My mother-in-law has such a knack for getting things "just so" - thank goodness for her!  


So, here's my completed office!


From the interior, glass door looking into my office
(The picture above the lamp is Cape Lookout, one of my
favorite spots in the world!)

Looking straight into my office from glass door
(The items on the wall straight ahead are my Meredith College diploma, my 
PHR certification certificate, and my certificate for completing 
Municipal Administration at the UNC School of Government.  The art on the right wall 
was made by a friend of my mother-in-law.  It is a neat torn paper collage.)


View of shelves from guest chairs

Left:  View of shelves from outside door
Right:  View of my desk from outside door
(The very long print is of my hometown... Beautiful to
look at every day.  Makes me miss home!)



  

No comments:

Post a Comment