Saturday, March 10, 2012

I get by with help from friends...

I did not want to do my long run today.  When I woke up, I saw the temperature and almost got back under the covers.  Then, the voice in my head reminded me that I am supposed to run another half in the middle of April.  I know that if I don't keep my mileage up, I'll bonk that half and no one wants that!  I also knew that Debbie and Lisa would push me to keep going once I got out there.  

The run started off a little rough...  We started out at CASL Soccer Complex because Debbie needed to go to her daughter's game after our long run.  From the get-go, we were dealing with pretty crappy head-wind.  No bueno.  The wind blowing in my face would normally be welcome, if we had started from the other end of the greenway.  Yesterday - not so much...  I am normally the one that removes my jacket before the second interval, but yesterday the wind was causing me to be so cold!  After about 6 or 7 intervals, I was finally starting to get warm and shed my jacket.   

I felt so heavy the entire time we were running.  My legs, as strong as they may be, felt like they were really weighing me down.  I seriously felt like my feet were in cement blocks.  I am not sure what was causing this, but thank goodness for running buddies.  We passed the time talking about all kinds of stuff, including the upcoming NCRC Women's Beginner Running Group.  I am looking forward to coordinating the program (more on that later)!

After the run, I ran home and got cleaned up fairly quickly.  The hubs and I went to Mellow Mushroom to get some lunch and watch the Carolina game.  I have to say that I was quite concerned about taking Jason to a restaurant to watch the game.  He tends to get quite loud while watching basketball.  He was actually pretty well behaved, except for a few moments when he was a little rude in the general direction of a high school age NCSU fan.  

We ended back home after lunch because I had a killer headache.  I am not sure what was causing it, but I took a long nap and still had a headache.  Unfortunately, that kinda ruined our evening...  I still haven't figured out the cause of the headache, but I have been sucking down water like it is going out of style to see if that will do the trick.  

Thank goodness for supportive running buddies and an awesome hubs.  Today was pretty dang good despite the lack of running mojo and a headache.     

No comments:

Post a Comment