Saturday, March 3, 2012

NaBloPoMo - Choices

For some reason, I am having a terrible time coming up with something to blog about tonight...I know that NaBloPoMo weekends are for "freewriting" but it is late and I am having trouble coming up with inspiration to write about a topic.  So, I am going to use the NaBloPoMo prompt from yesterday:

Would you rather make your own choices or have someone make them for you?

A or B?  This or that?  Chicken or fish?  Life is full of choices - some are easy, while others are not.  I am not good at making the actual decision about one choice or another, but I like to have an impact on the decision made.  

A prime example of this is when the hubs and I are planning to go to dinner...  The conversation usually goes something like this:

Me: "Would you like to out for dinner tonight?  
The hubs:  "Of course!"
Me: "Where do you want to go?  Your choice." (
I tend to offer the hubs the choice for most meals because he is much more of a foodie than I.  It is just easier for him to pick the place.)
Hubs: "We could go get Mexican."
Me:  "I am not really feeling Mexican."
Hubs:  "Well, how about Chinese?  We can run errands near (insert restaurant), then get an early dinner."
Me: "I am not really feeling Chinese either."  
Hubs:  "We aren't getting anywhere.  Can't you just pick a place?"  (Obviously, he and I think differently...  He thinks it would be easier for me to just pick, but if I pick I have the "pressure" of knowing that I might pick something he doesn't really want.  Dang double-edged sword!)
Me:  "No.  I am not going to pick.  There are two of us and we should both agree.  I am going to count to three and you should name off 2 places you want to go.  I will find something on one of the menus.  "

In the end, we usually come up with a mutually acceptable place to eat...  However, it isn't without some work.  The restaurant example is just a small piece of the big picture.  Unfortunately, this applies to almost everything in our lives as a couple.  The poor hubs....He is  a patient man!  

I want the choice, but I don't want to choose.  Yes, I know that it is not really realistic, but that's just how I roll.  

1 comment:

  1. We have the same conversations at our house too! "What do you want?", "I dunno, what do you want?", "What are you in the mood for?" ... etc. It goes on forever. :)

    ReplyDelete