Monday, November 26, 2012

{Friend Makin' Monday - Dear Santa...}


Goodness!  I haven't blogged since last Monday.  Oops!  Guess I didn't do so well with NaBloPoMo.  Oh well...  We'll see how the last few days of the month go - no so certain that it will be that much different...  The past week my mind has been pre-occupied with my surgery (on Wednesday of this week - eek!), Thanksgiving prep, Christmas prep, getting my work stuff situated before surgery, etc.  

I hope that everyone had a wondeful Thankgiving!  I started Thursday morning out with the annual Ridgewood Turkey Trot 8K.  This is my third time doing this race and it was fun as usually - terribly hilly, but fun!  Jason and I went to lunch at the Renaissance at North Hills with his parents.  Then, the rest of the afternoon and evening was spent at their house - football, napping, football, etc.

If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Feel free to add your links there too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

Dear Santa:  List at least ten things that you may or may not need that you’d love to find under your tree this year!  
  

1. Garmin Forerunner 10 in pink - I had a Garmin several years ago, but it didn't have GPS and didn't work for intervals because of the foot-pod.  When I got my iPhone, I started wearing it on my arm and using RunKeeper, but I get tired of having to lug it around.

Of course, if someone wanted to spend the money, I could be convinced to like a Forerunner 910XT, Forerunner 610, or Forerunner 410.  Of course, the "...Give a, Give a, Give a Garmin..." commercials aren't helping the insanity ;-)


2. Perfume - I always love getting perfume for Christmas.  Jason and I always go to Nordstrom, enjoy smelling several fragrances and then he picks the one he likes best.  I am hoping to get some Hanae Mori "Butterfly" or Laila.   

3.  Breville Tea Maker - When I was diagnosed with Celiacs, I was given a list of cross-reactants and coffee was one of them.  Because I could no longer drink coffee, my Keurig and I had to get a divorce because I couldn't stand the sight of it on my counter.  I gave my Keurig to my friend, Mary, and have been boiling water in the microwave for tea since. 

I saw this a few weeks ago at Sur La Table and was immediately smitten.  It's fully programmable for all kinds of teas, water temperatures and steep times.  While I am no expert on tea, I bet that preparing tea with the correct temperature of water and steep time makes all the difference.  

4.  A few books - There are several books I have had my eyes on, including White Jacket Required,Gluten-Free Girl and the Chef,and Run to Overcome.  

5.  Gift cards to Kohl's, Belk, Nordstrom, etc. - I am excited about my surgery and the weight loss, but it will leave me with a lot of clothing needs.  I can deal with replacing weekend/casual clothes slowly but I need to get new work stuff fairly quickly.

6. Calphalon Contemporary Stainless Steel Cookware - I've had my current Calphalon since I graduated from Meredith in 2002 and worked part-time at BedBath&Beyond.  It desperately needs replacing!

7.  See's Chocolates - LOVE these chocolates.  Can't have them anymore, but a girl can wish, right?

8.  Rx Jump Rope - I have been training at Raleigh CrossFit since June and double-unders are a big obstacle for me.  Maybe if I get this fancy-schmancy rope, I can finally learn to do the damn things.

9.  Gift cards for manicures, pedicures, and/or massages - I do spend money on myself for these things fairly often, but they always make wonderful gifts.

10.  Custom CrossFit shoes - I have a feeling that I will be ordering these with some Christmas money.  Aren't they awesome?


1 comment:

  1. Happy Holidays! What a lovely list! I have the Garmin 310xt and its pretty nice. A bit big, but works.

    ReplyDelete