Wednesday, November 14, 2012

{NaBloPoMo - day 14}

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 -- Tell us about the best meal you ever cooked.

When I saw this, I started trying to think of wonderfully delicious meals that I have cooked.  While I enjoy cooking, and eating my own cooking, I don't think of anything as overly spectacular.  Since I can't think of anything, I will talk about the first time I cooked for Jason....

Jason and I met back in 2004 (seems so long ago).  For the first few weeks we were dating, we ate out a lot! This wasn't my thing... Yes, I like to eat out, but it was starting to grow boring and just plan icky.  One night, I mentioned cooking for Jason.  Since I kinda really liked him, I wanted to impress him.  I had no clue where in the world to start.  I could tell he wasn't one to be really picky, but I just wasn't sure where I was treading...

I ended up fixing something that looked kinda fancy, but was really easy - Aimee's Quick Chicken, yellow rice, and steamed broccoli.  I thought for sure that dinner would be totally fool-proof.  I selected the chicken because who wouldn't love mustard, teriyaki sauce, bacon, and Parmesan cheese??  Well, dinner wasn't a complete flop, but let's just say I've had better meals.  I used too much mustard, not enough bacon or cheese, overcooked the rice and it became gummy, and the broccoli was beyond mushy.  

Since then, this meal is our local go-to for nights when we have taken out chicken, but aren't really feeling what we were supposed to prepare.  Thank goodness, my preparation of this meal has gotten better over the years...

No comments:

Post a Comment