Tuesday, November 13, 2012

{Restaurant Review - 5 Star}

Jason and I decided kinda on a whim to visit 5 Star on Sunday evening for dinner.  While we were trying to decide what to do for dinner, I remembered that someone had told me how great they were about accommodating Celiacs disease and other allergies.  Simple as this, I give 5 Star a very joyous 5 stars!

Chicken Lettuce Wraps
When we arrived, we were promptly seated by the hostess (manager?).  Our server came right over and filled our glasses with water and took our drink orders.  I perused the menu and found a few things that I was interested in seeing if they could prepare them to meet my needs.  A few moments later, the hostess/manager (?) came by our table to see if I had any questions about the menu.  She quickly reviewed the menu and assured me that they would have no trouble preparing anything I wanted.  She did say that it may not be prepared exactly as the traditional method, but they would do their best.

Chicken, Shrimp, and Veggie StirFry
Jason and I settled on the Chicken Lettuce Wraps for an appetizer.  Lettuce Wraps are one of my favorite appetizers, but I have found that most places use rice vinegar...Well, not 5 Star.  The chicken lettuce wraps were quickly delivered to our table.  The sauce had the perfect flavor combination - along with lots of chicken and veggies!  So good.  

When we were about halfway through our appetizer, our server came by to check on us and take our dinner order.  I requested a nice big chicken and shrimp stir-fry, with tons of veggies.  The server confirmed that it would be made gluten free and would make sure I got extra veggies instead of rice.  Jason always asks servers for food recommendations and Sunday evening was no different.  He had narrowed his choices to Five Star General's Chicken or Crispy Sesame Beef.  Our server told him that was a hard one for him because those are his two favorites, but he ended up recommending the General's Chicken.  Being the fairly funny guy that he is, Jason went with the Crispy Sesame Beef.  When our orders arrived, I think we both realized that we probably shouldn't have gotten an appetizer.  The amount of food on my plate was crazy.  But, it was just as good (if not better), when I had it for my morning snack today :-)

To put it simply, 5 Star is now in my Top-5 for Raleigh restaurants.  The staff was so awesome and the food was even better.  Think I can convince the hubs to take me again next weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment