Monday, November 5, 2012

{NaBloPoMo - day 5}

What are your thoughts about tomorrow's election in the United States?

I am the type of person that has my political opinions, but I don't express them aloud very often.  I work in local government for a membership association that promotes good government through non-partisan advocacy, insurance and other services.  Basically, everything at my job has to be non-partisan.  

However, given all of that, I think that the election this year is big, maybe even bigger than big.  It is no secret that the United States has its issues.  It's also no surprise that while we have been through some very hard economic times, the recovery has been slow.  But, my biggest issue is the back-biting crap.  I understand that political ads are needed, but the negativity wears on a person.  I know that life isn't always puppies 'n rainbows, but we all need to just do the best we can to work together.  No matter what, someone isn't going to agree, but that doesn't change the fact that things need to move forward.

Hopeful for the election tomorrow and continued progress.  

No comments:

Post a Comment