Tuesday, November 6, 2012

{NaBloPoMo - day 6}

It's no secret that today is election day in the US.  In North Carolina, we are voting for a new governor too.  Oh, times they are a changin'....  Today is a day where no matter where you work or go to school, you will likely hear about the election every time you round a corner, visit a bathroom, or go into the kitchen to warm up your lunch. 

And then, after all the results have been announced, the discussions will likely come to a screeching halt.  Part of me is looking forward to it, but at the same time I wonder how things could be different if we were willing to talk with one another regularly about issues.  I know that our leaders are supposed to talk to one another about issues, understand the other side, etc.  You know as well as I do that this happens far too infrequently.  It seems to be all about towing the party-line, no matter what your political party.  

Can we all make a pact to try to be more open-minded and talk things out?  Surely that will go farther to making things better, different, etc. than just following the leader...

If you were President of the United States, what would be your first act in office?  
Until I saw this prompt for NaBloPoMo, I had never given this one thought....  And now, I still can't really think of anything....  Women's rights/issues have been a huge debate this election season.  I think that working on women's equal pay and healthcare would be my first priority.  It's just hard to know where to really start.

No comments:

Post a Comment