Friday, November 9, 2012

{NaBloPoMo - day 9}

Friday, November 9, 2012 -- If you could change one thing about your life right now, what would it be?

I like my life how it is....  But, if I had to pick something.... I would have the opportunity to meet Jason's Dad and have my best friend living in North Carolina instead of Florida.

I never had the opportunity to meet Jason's father.  He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in March 1996 and passed away that same September.  I often hear stories from the municipal officials with whom I work about what an awesome person he was... I get to hear stories of fun times from Jason, his mom and his step-Dad (who was friends with his Dad).  I wish I had an opportunity to meet this gentleman as I am jealous of anyone that had the opportunity to know him.

My best friend, Margaret, has lived in central Florida for almost 14 years.  She moved down to the Orlando area after our freshman year in college.  She moved back for one semester, but quickly high-tailed it back.  She's been there ever since...  Granted, I should be grateful that her family still lives in North Carolina and she makes regular trips up here, but I wish she was here all the time.  I get to see her maybe 5 times a year (3-4 times a year she comes to NC, 1-2 times a year we go to Florida).  We talk almost every day, but that just isn't the same as having her around the corner when I want to go grab a quick lunch or something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment