First things first, sorry for those that read the post yesterday. Do you ever have moments when you look back at something you wrote and feel totally like you had a Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde moment. That was me yesterday. I am not sure what was causing me to feel so "funk-alicous", but I don't feel that way at all today. So strange... I am not going to delete the post because it does show real thoughts, but I am going to address some of the mess I wrote yesterday. Today's encouragement to myself is in pink. Here goes:
- Why aren't you losing weight? You are going to be right back at 340 pounds before you know it you lazy sloth. You aren't losing weight, but you aren't gaining weight either. You need to realize that just because the pounds aren't coming off, doesn't mean you aren't doing well. Your smaller size clothes fit and some of them even fit better than they did when you bought them (even though you were at a slightly lower weight when you bought them). Just keep working!
- Why do you even go to hot yoga? You look like an idiot. You can't do half the poses correctly. Who cares if you look like an idiot! Do you enjoy it? (Yes) Do you feel good after? (Yes) Then enjoy every single sweaty moment!
- Why did you decide to dress as Belle for the half marathon? You weren't nearly as cute as some of the other girls. Belle always has been and probably always will be your favorite princess - of course you decided to dress as Belle. You worked hard with your mother-in-law to make a cute, but functional Belle costume and you rocked it!
- Are you really considering signing up for another half this spring and 2 in the fall? Are you trying to set yourself up for disappointment? Yep! You are gonna sign up for another one. You love it, you are gonna keep doing it.
- If you say you love to run so much, why didn't you get your behind out of bed this morning to run with your friends? Come on! Give yourself a break! You ran a half marathon at Disney World on Sunday! You had to get up at the crack of dawn for that race and you haven't slept well since then. It is ok to take a day off!
It is interesting to look at the self-talk from one day to the next! Today I feel awesome and I can tell in the way that I respect myself and encourage myself. Here's to positive thinking and lots of positive self-talk!
- Baby One More Time (Britney Spears)
- California Girls (Katy Perry and Snoop Dogg)
- Forever and a Day (Fragma)
- Hummingbird Heartbeat (Katy Perry)
- I'm a Stunna (Birdman)
- I'm So Paid (Akon, with Lil Waye and Young Jeezy)
- Seal it with a Kiss (Britney Spears)
- Throw it in the Bag (Fabolous & The-Dream)
- Trip Like I Do (Crystal Method)
- Welcome to the Jungle (Guns N' Roses)