Saturday, February 11, 2012

My new office

I work for a membership organization.  To explain in the most simple terms - “We are a membership association of more than 540 great hometowns. For more than 100 years, we have promoted—and continue to promote – good government by offering non-partisan advocacy, insurance and other services, as directed by our membership."


In December 2010, we moved out of our late-1970s building and into another building, in preparation for renovations.  The building was awesome when it was built in the 70s, but it hadn't had any type of real overhaul since then - and you could tell!  The walls were this weird burlap stuff, the HVAC system sucked, and it just needed some major help!


The past 14 months have been very interesting, to say the least.  Some coworkers have been double-bunking, some have been working from home, and some have been living out of boxes.  


But, the time has come to move back into our new building!  I am so very excited!  Several weeks ago, I took some pictures of my new office before it was finished.  Unfortunately, I took them with my phone and can't figure out how to get the pictures turned "right side up".  


This week, I spent my entire week boxing up my temporary office, my bosses' office, and a storage area that we had been using for the last year.  Here's the result... This is basically box hell.  The sad thing is that this isn't even 1/3 of the stuff that I have to figure out how to store in our renovated building!



On Monday, we'll be moving...  I am hoping to get to work a little early and move some of my personal items.  I am definitely going to leave the heavy lifting of all the files to the movers.  The rest of the week will be spent unpacking.  While I have hated the process of packing my old office, moving into a temporary space, packing up the temporary space, and moving back into the old but new space, I am very excited!  Look for more pictures next week!

1 comment:

  1. I looked at some pics of your new office in a more recent post, and… wow! Your office is the bomb! I hope you turn your before pics right side up. Maybe seeing how the old office looked will bolster motivation!

    - Blake Mitchell

    ReplyDelete