Wednesday, February 15, 2012

New Recipes 12 and 13 - Tex-Mex Rice and Bean Casserole and Shrimp Fried Quinoa

(from WeightWatchers.com)
On Monday evening, the hubs and I tried a new recipe.  The recipe was called Tex-Mex Rice and Bean Casserole and I found it on the Weight Watchers website.  I selected this recipe because it was vegetarian - we try to eat a vegetarian meal at least once a week.  Like most recipes I have found on Weight Watchers, this one was delicious!


A few modifications from our kitchen:  slightly less sour cream (think I used about 1/2 to 2/3 cup); a little more diced chilis and a little more chili powder.  The changes were not significant and can be modified for your family preferences.  


We are having the leftovers tonight.  I am very excited to warm this up, add some broccoli on the side and have an easy-peasy dinner!


Last night, we made Shrimp Fried Quinoa.  I love looking at all the recipes on Brittany's blog.  I love fried rice, but never thought to change it up with quinoa, until I saw it on her blog!  I didn't make any changes to the recipe and it was yummy yummy!  I had the leftovers for lunch today and they were even more delish!

1 comment:

  1. DEFINITELY trying the quinoa. Thanks for posting these experiments!

    Also...
    Tag!
    http://zombierunning.blogspot.com/2012/02/see-im-cool.html

    ReplyDelete