Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer's here and it looks like there is no end in sight

I knew that summer was inevitable.  However, I wasn't really counting on the heat and humidity showing up almost a month earlier than last year and not letting up...  I am not ready for this reality.  I am not ready to be absolutely soaking wet from head to toe after a short 3 mile run.  Of course, I don't think Mother Nature gives a flip about what I want or need.  Summer's here and she's here to stay.

On Monday, Sarah and I ran the Oak Park Trail and had to stop several extra times to walk because of the direct sunlight and heat.  No bueno.  It was during that run and after guzzling a quart of water when I got home that I truly understood why people told me not to complain about running in the winter.   

Morning runs are definitely part of summer running, especially in North Carolina.  This morning, we got together at 5:30 a.m. at Shelley to run.  Looks like there will be a lot more 5 a.m. wake up calls - at least until September or October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment