Monday, September 27, 2010

Why?

Why? Funny you should ask... I have been asking myself the very same thing...

My name is Regan. In May of 2010, I made up my mind to transform myself, my entire self - my mind, my body, my diet, my mood, everything. I began by joining a new gym and making changes to how I thought about food. Not long thereafter, I started working out with a personal trainer one day per week. Of course the entire time I was working out with my trainer and going to the gym, I was cussing every piece of equipment in my head. The cussing in my head and working out consistently made me more determined to do more.

In July, I learned about a women's beginner running program offered through the NC Roadrunner's Club. I talked to a girlfriend that did the program last summer, and after much contemplation joined. I ain't gonna lie... The 1st three or four runs were absolute hell on wheels, but after that I was hooked. I finished the 10-week program on Saturday by participating in the Women's Distance Festival 5K. While I didn't finish the 5K at a sub-30 pace, I did it and that is all that matters.

This blog will be about my adventure to transform all of me...

No comments:

Post a Comment