Thursday, October 28, 2010

Holy humidity Batman

I thought that October was supposed to be a month of relatively cool temps and low humidity?  Not so today.  Today was probably one of the most humid days I have ever experienced in October.  On top of that, it had rained off and on all day.  Humidity plus rain equals yucky, sticky mess.

I got to the Ale House on Creekside Drive a few minutes early.  Since the rain had stopped about 3:45 p.m., I thought it would be a good idea for me to check the trail.  I walked about 1/4 mile on the trail and found a couple small puddles.  Needless to say, the rest of the trail was filled with them too.  Sarah and I decided early on that we were just going to run 3 miles, walk bridges, and be careful.  The worst thing would be to rush and slip/get hurt.  The run turned out well.  We finished a 5K in 44:03, at an average pace of 14:15.  Not bad at all for girls that were runnin' in the hot, sticky, rain.

Of course, we were very careful on our run, but I wasn't so careful when I got home.  Imagine this....  I walk into our condo building, take my shoes off in the hall because they are soaked, and stretch for a few minutes.  I decide to go into the house and get ready for my GNO (girls night out) with the Meredith gals.  I start across our hardwood floors in my sock feet (socks are soaking wet) and almost eat it on our hardwood floors.  I guess this is one of those moments where I should thank Rick (my trainer) for all those exercises that encourage good balance. 

I have a feeling that I will sleep like a baby again tonight.  I took the day off work today and did a pretty good workout at the gym this morning.  I rode 8.5 miles on the bike and worked out with my trainer for 30 minutes.  Then, I went for my run with Sarah.  So, definitely looking forward to the great night of sleep ahead of me.

2 comments:

  1. It is absolutely disgusting out there. You're a tougher cookie than me. I'm headed for the dreadmill.

    It's supposed to be cooler this weekend though! Not a minute too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CANNOT run on the treadmill. I am going to have to figure it out though. The months of January and February and their cold are already scaring me.

    ReplyDelete