Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tuesday and hills are hell

I was just skimming Ben Does Life's blog and had to laugh about his post on the subject of Tuesday.  I have to agree 110%.  Now that I actually think about it - he's totally right.  There is nothing special about Tuesday.  I guess I could say that Tuesday is special because it is one of my run days, but other than that - nothing.

Today was a run day.  Toward the end of the workday, I realized that I was not really in the most social mood and kinda in a funk.  I thought it best not to spread my negative energy to others and decided to run on my own.  I left work promptly at 4:40 p.m. and headed to the Ale House on Creekside Drive.  My intention was to run 3 miles at 4/1 intervals.  I succeeded at running 3 miles at 4/1 intervals, but the hills were absolute hell today.  Now, for those of you that may know the Middle Crabtree Creek Trail, you know that it isn't terribly hilly, but that bridge leading up to the greenway entrance on Capital Boulevard is horribleI can see on my charts where my pace took an absolute nosedive.  Lesson learned - do not do this trail on a regular basis, especially if you want to feel good about yourself.  Despite the crappy hills, I finished at an average pace of 15:57. 

On to the next run...

No comments:

Post a Comment