Sunday, August 19, 2012

{Crow - "I love when you do stupid stuff"}

Crow (Source)
Since first taking a hot yoga class at Arrichion, I have been obsessed with doing crow.  Crow is a part of the Black Opal class that I have taken many times.  Very early on in my practice of yoga, I couldn't even get my knees close to my elbows, much less get my feet off the ground.   

Last Wednesday at Black Opal, I tried to hold crow.  I didn't get up in the pose for long, but I was able to get both feet off the ground at the same time.  An accomplishment for sure!  I think that the core strengthening associated with CrossFit has helped me improve to at least attempt crow.  

When I told the hubs about this, he jokingly said "no picture...no crow..."  That was a challenge to me.  Anyone that knows me, I am always up for a challenge, especially when someone tells me that I can't do something.

Yesterday, we were hanging out with Mary and Brian at World of Beer for the afternoon.  We were having a good time and at some point discussion of yoga poses came up.  I decided that Mary and I were gonna do crow in front of WOB and Brian was gonna take a picture.  Trying to do a yoga pose where you could (or will probably) fall on your knees probably wasn't a good idea on the concrete, but oh well.  


I was able to hold crow and Jason saw, but no picture.  Both times I was able to hold it, I fell on my left knee.  So, here's the damage...  The first picture of my leg not long after the fall.  It doesn't look too bad, but it got worse...

Last night, when we got home from dinner, I promptly put my behind in bed with ice on my leg.  I knew that if it bruised that badly and that quickly, we were in "trouble."

This morning, I told Margaret about it and she said "I love when you do stupid stuff...especially when you aren't drunk..."  Yep.  She's right, it was stupid - but it was so worth it.  Can't wait until I can actually hold the damn pose without busting my knee though.

<---  This is last night about 10 p.m.  Looks even more "lovely" today :-)  






No comments:

Post a Comment