Monday, August 13, 2012

{Friend Makin' Monday - Groceries/In the Kitchen}


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers.  Add your links there too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!

In the Kitchen


1. How often do you cook at home?  I cook at least 5 nights a week.
2. Do you eat more fresh produce, frozen or canned produce? We eat fresh produce and some frozen produce.  I cannot stand canned.
3. What are a few unusual staples that can always be found in your kitchen?  Hmmm...  I have no idea.  We always have a multitude of Frank's Red Hot sauce.
4. Look in your fridge, then tell us about the healthiest thing in there. Spinach and salad fixin's
5. Now share the most unhealthy thing in it.  In the fridge?  Snapple?  In the pantry the most unhealthy thing would be the hubs' Milano cookies.
6. Do you eat leftovers?  Yep!
7. Do you use coupons at the supermarket?  I use coupons for cleaning products and sandwich baggies, etc.  There aren't a lot of coupons for the foods we eat.
8. How often do you try new recipes? I was doing one new recipe a week.  Unfortunately, that has waned a bit.  I do love to try new recipes though.
9. Do you make grocery lists?  Do you stick to them? I make a very detailed menu and list each week.  I would say we stick to it 95% of the time.  If the hubs goes with me to the grocery store, we usually end up with a few extra items.
10. If you could buy one food item that would magically be calorie-free, which item would you choose? Seriously?  That's a hard question.  Let's go with Angus Barn Chocolate Chess pie - to die for!  

4 comments:

  1. Stopping in from FMM-- I am right there with you on the detailed menu and list every week, my husband also seems to add random items when he goes with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I make a menu list on Sunday and then go grocery shopping. It's the only way I can stick to a plan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dropping in from FMM-- we make lists according to what the menu is... usually the daily workweek menus are the same and the food on the weekend tends to be really similar. but as I said on my post, Hubs does a lot of the shopping so if it's not on the list, he won't buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand how coupons really only pertain to household goods and occasionally some pantry staples. I try to focus on fresh produce and cooking from scratch.

    ReplyDelete