Monday, August 27, 2012

{Friend Makin' Monday - Tech Questions}


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Add your links there too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!


Tech Questions


1.  PC or Mac?  I prefer PC for work, but I think that's because it is what I have been given.  We have a MacBook Air at home and I love it.
2. When did you get your first computer?  I think we got a computer at home when I was about 7 or 8, give or take.  I remember it was a Commodore 64 and had a weird black and green screen.  I used to try to memorize the Jeopardy game so I could beat my Daddy.
3. Do you use cable, DSL or something else?  We have cable internet.
4. When choosing a laptop, do you think it’s more important to choose the fastest one, or the lightest one?  I tend to go for a middle ground.  I think that with the computer options available today, it is possible to get something that has all the speed and storage you need without being extremely heavy.  I prefer lighter though.
5. What kind of cell phone do you own?  Do you like it? I have an iPhone, of course.  I love, love, love it.  I love it so much that I was able to convince my parents (66 year old father and 58 year old mother) to get them.
6. How do you carry your laptop when you travel?  I have a great Jansport backpack from work that does the trick.  
7. How many e-mails do you send on an average day? Oh, good lord. Who knows. Between work and personal, I have no clue!
8. Do you ever blog using your iPad or similar tablet? I have never blogged from my iPad. I am not that good about blogging!
9. What do you use more often – a desktop or a laptop? We have a desktop at home that is solely used for music and photo management and storage.  My work computer is a laptop.
10.  As a blogger, are there other gadgets that you need to get the job done?  If so, what are they?  I'd say a iPhone (or phone with camera) and/or a "regular" digital camera.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could convince my parents to get smartphones, I think it would make their lives so much easier. How did you manage it, oh parent Guru? ;)
    (here via FMM)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you got your parents to an i prone (the one we are considering right now since we don't own cell phones)

    Stopping by from FMM

    ReplyDelete