Here are the Rules for the Stylish Award:
- Make this a post and link back to the person who gave the award to you
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Award 5 great bloggers
- Contact the bloggers and tell them they've won!
So, here goes...
- I have had the same best friend since diapers. I met Margaret she was about 6 months old and I was about a year and a half. We went to the same babysitters, through elementary/middle/high school, worked at the same seafood restaurant, etc. Although we are very different from one another, we are best of friends.
- I was a band geek. I marched in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1995. It was an awesome experience.
- I am named for my Dad's sister. My middle name was Emily-Marie before I got married (Yes, a hyphenated middle name and that means that I went through childhood with 4 names). My Daddy chose that as my middle name because it was his sister's name. His sister was born with severe medical issues and was confined to home; my Dad played a significant part in her care. While my Dad was serving in Vietnam, she passed away. Oddly enough, I was born on the same day that she passed away, 13 years later. I will always have a special love for the aunt I never met.
- I love, love, love the beach and warm. When circumstances change with my employment or finances, you will definitely find me living by a beach.
- I love Disney. I went to Walt Disney World the first time when I was 26 years old. I wasn't convinced before we went that I would like it (I tend to be too serious and don't love crowds). Well, my hubs was right - I loved it. We're taking a Disney cruise and spending 4 nights at the Polynesian Resort for our 5th wedding anniversary in May! I am planning to run the Disney Princess Half next February (that is what started this whole running thing).
- Cheerwine and "quarter cakes" are my weakness. As a child, every time we passed the TeePee (gas station/convenience store) it seemed like we stopped. We could go in and get a Cheerwine and a quarter cake (aka Little Debbie Cake). My favorites are the Fudge Round, Star Crunch, and Swiss Cake Rolls. I honestly can't tell you the last time I had one, but I don't really miss them. Thank goodness Cheerwine comes in diet! It is so good!
- I want to be crafty. I try desperately but haven't found the right thing for me.
Now it is my chance to award several others!
- Jim at 50 After 40: I love reading his blog! He is so incredibly encouraging!
- Shelby at Eat, Drink, Run: I stumbled upon her blog a few months ago. I love reading it and she lives in the same city as me!
- Debbie at Weigh Down: She's a fellow WW'er. I think it is cool that she takes pictures of her journal every day. I have used her blog to get myself out of a food rut a few times.
- Lisa at 110 Pounds and Counting: Her blog was one of the first that I started following. She reminds me daily what this is all about.
- I have no idea who else to tag. I love reading blogs!