Monday, February 28, 2011

At some point it just "clicks"

My friend, Beth Anne, and I had lunch several weeks ago.  As much as I would love to have lunch with her every, single week it just isn't possible.  However, the conversation is always so great - we pick up right where we left off. 

During our most recent lunch, one topic we talked about was how I have been working out, losing weight, etc.  She asked me what was different this time, and I told her that this time it just "clicked".  My mental and physical health and well-being is the most valuable thing I have.  I realized that no one else could care for my those things better than I. 

How'd I get to this point?  Most of the back story can be read on the "About" page of my blog.  Long story short is that in May 2010, I was done.  I was tired of not feeling good, both physically and mentally.  I decided that I was going to join a new gym, start working out with a trainer, and modify my eating.  The part about joining a new gym and working with a trainer was relatively easy.  Yes, my trainer kicked my ass, but he also taught me that I am capable of doing anything I set my mind to do.  It took until November 2010 to figure out how best to modify my eating.  I am now recommitted (for the last time) to Weight Watchers.  I feel like I am having great results. 

I feel better, both inside and out.  Thank God that it finally "clicked".

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Love that it "clicked" for you! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I think it has to do with "seeing" ourselves as what we want to be. For years I wanted to be a person that worked out consistently, but thought it was just for other people. I just did it more and more and now see myself as someone who strives for good health as opposed to someone who makes excuses. Maybe it's just a self-image thing, but so often when the world tells us we are something we are not, we start believing it after a while. Great job on your success ... keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had my first "click" moment. There are few things in life to be more proud of. Sucks that we have to go through so much pain before things finally "click." though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! Sometimes you truly do just have that moment where you are just ready - like you said - it clicks. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete