Friday, May 27, 2011

A,B,Cs of Food...

I saw this on Lisa's blog and thought it was cool.  A nice little lunch-time diversion... and something fun for the weekend!

A: is for Apple, what’s your favorite variety?
I prefer Granny Smith and Opal apples

B: is for Bread, regardless of nutrition, calories, or whole grains what is your favorite type to have a nice big piece of?
I would have to go with Pumpkin Bread or Chocolate Chip-Pumpkin Bread - so good!

C: is for Cereal what is your favorite kind currently (just one!)
I have never been one to enjoy cereal.  If I had to choose, I would say Kashi GoLean Crunch mixed in yogurt.

D: is for Doughnuts, you might not currently be eating them but what kind do you fancy?
I can't tell you the last time I had a donut.  I don't really like them all that much (I know!  It is terrible!).  I guess since Krispy Kreme is a North Carolina company, I'd stick with them.

E: is for Eggs, how would you like yours prepared?
I have delicious memories of my Daddy fixing eggs over easy and mixing them in my grits.  So yummy!

F: is for Fat Free, what is your favorite fat free product?
Chobani Green Yogurt!

G: is for Groceries, where do you purchase yours at?
Trader Joe's, Costco, and Harris Teeter

H: is for Hot Beverages, what is your favorite hot drink?
Coffee...  I love black coffee, Skinny Vanilla Lattes, Skinny Caramel Lattes.

I: is for Ice Cream, pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.
My favorite used to be "Confession Obsession" by Ben & Jerry's.  I think they quit making it.

J: is for Jams or Jellies, do you eat them, and if so what kind and flavor?
I don't really care for jams or jellies.  My Granny used to make some yummy preserves that I liked to put on biscuits.

K: is for Kashi, name your favorite Kashi product?
GoLean Crunch!

L: is for Lunch, what was yours today?
Leftover Bean Burrito Casserole and an orange

M: is for microwave, what is your favorite microwave meal/snack?
I have no clue...

N: is for nutrients, do you likes carbs, fats, or proteins best?
I love carbs!  Bread, bread, bread - cookies, cookies, cookies.

O: is for oil, what kind do you like to use?
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

P: is for protein, how do you get yours?
  • Cheese
  • Greek Yogurt
  • Chicken Breasts
  • Quinoa
  • Shrimp
Q: is for Quaker, how do you like your oats?
I have just started eating oatmeal in the past year or so.  I like Better Oats Maple 'N Brown Sugar oatmeal

R: is for roasting, what is your favorite thing to roast?
Veggies - bell pepper, onion, carrot, parsnips, squash, zucchini

S: is for sandwich, what’s your favorite kind?
My favorite homemade sandwich is my Mama's chicken salad.  Every time we visit my parents, I ask my Mama to make me some chicken salad.  As far as restaurant sandwiches go, I like the Fiesta Chicken Wrap at Cafe Carolina.

T: is for travel, how do you handle eating while traveling?
If the hubs and I are going on a car trip, I tend to take a small cooler with some of my favorite healthy snacks - cheese, oranges, apples, and Nature Valley crunchy granola bars.  If we are on vacation, we generally travel to Walt Disney World.  I have plenty of healthy options there for snacks and meals.

U: is for unique, what is one of your weirdest food combos?
I don't think this is weird, but some of my friends do - grits, sauteed shrimp, black beans, and salsa

V: is for vitamins, what kind do you take?
Multi-vitamin, Calcium, and vitamin D daily.  I also get a B12 injection once a month

W: is for wasabi, yay or nay?
Heck no!  Yuck!

X: is for XRAY. If we x-rayed your belly right now, what food would we see?
My leftover bean burrito casserole and an orange.

Y: is for youth, what food reminds you of your childhood?
  • Chocolate Cake (yellow cake with chocolate icing)
  • Mama's homemade egg rolls (that I didn't appreciate as a kid and wish she would make again)
  • HoCakes and Gravy
  • Cheese Biscuits from the Pak 'A Sak
  • "Quarter Cakes" (Little Debbie Cakes) 
  • Light Rolls and Cream
Z: is for zucchini, how do you prepare it?
I love it sauteed with a little olive oil and some spices!

No comments:

Post a Comment