Friday, May 13, 2011

Quotes before the half....

Here are some of my favorite quotes related to running, etc.  I think these are great, especially considering that my half is in tomorrow!!!.

I look at running as meditation.  It allows me to decompress, download, and get rid of a lot of negative stuff.  That's my secret.  I go inside myself. -- Jeff Corwin, American animal and nature conservationist

You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement. -- Steve Prefontaine
In running, it doesn't matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say, 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that. -- Fred Lebow, New York City Marathon co-founder

My attitude at a race has always been that if you look your best, you will perform your best. If you're all grungy and feeling kind of sloppy, you are going to behave and perform that way. So I would always put on full make up - you know, lipstick and mascara, the whole bit, even hairspray. It's as if I am going to work. After the race, people would ask me 'Did you even run? It looks like you just got out of the beauty department.'. On the start line, it's a psychological ploy. I like the dichotomy that you can be really aggressive and athletic and flirty and sporty, and still be feminine. Why shouldn't you be able to do all of that at the same time? -- Shirley Matson

If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run. -- John Bingham

The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. -- John Bingham

1 comment:

  1. Awesome quotes! Hope you're half was AMAZNG...can't wait to read all about it.

    ReplyDelete