Monday, September 26, 2011

One year since my first 5K

I completed my very first 5K on September 25, 2010.  As I think back, I cannot contain the number of adjectives I could use to describe my feelings from that day.  As soon as I got home from the race, I hugged my hubs and started to cry.  I guess they were tears of amazement, joy, exhilaration, and exhaustion.  


I am amazed at what can happen in one year.  Not only have I continued to run since that first 5K, I completed 12 races (including a half marathon) in the last year.  I also had the opportunity to serve as a volunteer for the NCRC women's beginner running program.  The group inspired me to continue last year and I hope that I have provided some of the same inspiration for the participants this year.  I am so proud of the women that I met this year and how determined they are.  They remind me a lot of how I felt last year.  So, ladies - keep up the good work!!!  


Here's some pics to show the difference a year makes:
Group picture from the Women's Distance Festival with 2010 NCRC beginner women's group (I am on the jungle gym in a white baseball cap)
Thank God for Sandra encouraging me across the finish (2010)!



Group picture from Women's Distance Festival with 2011 NCRC beginner women's group

Coming up on the finish with a couple of my "C" ladies (2011)


No comments:

Post a Comment