Friday, September 30, 2011

IV iron infusion


Well, as I type this email, I am sitting in the treatment room at Cancer Centers of NC.  I met with Dr. Elkordy this morning.  We reviewed symptoms, discussed more tests, etc.  After my appointment was over, she asked if I could come back in a hour or so for my IV iron infusion.  


This is how the infusion will go:
  • Get back to the office at 12:45 a.m.
  • Get IV in side of my arm
  • Administration of medicines in this order:  benadryl, zantac, and steroid
  • Test dosage of the iron - The test dose takes an hour or so.  They want to be sure that there is no negative reaction.
  • Administration of iron
Once all of that is done, I'll be done.  I am guessing that I will be here for about 4 or 5 hours.  Lovely.  Once I am done, I should be close to back to my normal self.  I am looking forward to being able to run my 9 miles tomorrow with Debbie!  YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment