Sunday, October 2, 2011

Feelin' like a new woman!

Well, the side effects of Friday's IV iron infusion were not nearly as bad as last time.  In fact, the only real side effect was a ravenous little bit of hunger.  I was feeling peppy enough on Friday evening to a nice dinner for the hubs.  We had teriyaki sauteed shrimp with Trader Joe's Quinoa Duo (if you haven't tried this, you must!).

Yesterday morning, I got up and did some piddling around the house.  I was feelin' great and needed to do some catch up chores around the house that I neglected over the last week or so of feeling like crap.  

A little after 10, Debbie picked me up for our planned 9-miler.  I have to be honest and say that I was scared shitless a little concerned about going out for 9-miles the day after my infusion.  The doctor assured me that it was ok, but I needed to be aware of my body's signals if necessary.  We finished our 9-miler with an awesome pace (look at those splits!).  I am sure that Debbie would like to go a little faster, but I definitely appreciate her running with me - we have fun conversations and she pushes me to go faster on the longer distances.

After our run, the hubs and I did some errand running around town.  We stopped by the new Fleet Feet store.  All I can say is WOW!  They have so much more space and you can actually move around - so awesome!  While we were there, I worked with Emily for a little bit and ended up purchasing a nice lime green pair of CEP compression socks.  I will probably review them after wearing them a few more times, but so far they are life-changing!

The rest of the afternoon and evening was spent at Draft in downtown Raleigh.  Our friend owns the restaurant and we haven't been since he renovated it.  The restaurant menu is similar to one of his other restaurants, but as usual, it did not disappoint.  I had the lovely California Salad for dinner, several Mash House Porters, and then indulged in a Big Bad Butterscotch Brownie.  The brownie was to die for - I earned it after running 9-miles!


1 comment:

  1. How are the socks life changing? That's a pretty strong thing to say so I'm really curious.

    ReplyDelete