When the program was introduced in 2009, we were encouraged to do the assessment. At that point, I wasn't in the same place I am now with my health and wellness. I was eating what I wanted, giving a half-assed effort at the gym, etc.
I participated in the assessment the first time in November 2010. I was a little nervous about it then, but after my follow-up last week I feel awesome!
- For the first time in my adult life, I am no longer "obese". I have never been so happy to fall into the category of "overweight"! I lost 21.4 pounds since the last assessment and it really hasn't been that hard!
- My glucose levels are totally normal and I have a less than 1% chance of developing diabetes within 5 years.
- My blood pressure and cholesterol levels are normal or optimal for my age
- I am 80% more healthy than other 31-year-old females related to the risk of coronary heart disease (CHD). I have a 0.0053% chance of developing CHD in the next five years
- My risks for CHD, stroke, and diabetes can be further reduced by losing weight (duh!)