Monday, October 17, 2011

Friend Makin' Monday - Stereotypes


If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here  Kenlie's blog, so we can all see your FMM questions and answers.   Answer the questions and your link too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM:  Stereotyping
Have you ever been the victim of stereotyping?  If so, will you elaborate?  What do you wish people thought of you as they notice you for the first time?
Yes, I have been a victim of stereotyping.  When I was in middle school, high school, and through part of college, I was often stereotyped because of my weight.  I am guessing that people assumed that I just sat around doing nothing all day.  While I hate that it happened to me, it was a partial blessing.  Those moments where I was confronted with being stereotyped keep me moving forward toward a better me.  Those moments also make me more aware of when I start to group others within stereotypes.  I am sure that I am also stereotyped sometimes as a "fun sucker" too.  Sometimes, I am too serious for my own good and it makes me seem quite boring.  Unfortunately, that stereotype is pretty untrue...  While I may not be the type that is the life of the party, I do like to have a good time.  It just takes me a little longer to warm up to the idea :-)

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from FMM! I enjoyed your answer to this week's question!

    ReplyDelete