Thursday, July 14, 2011

This post is brought to you by the letter "H"

Hormones - If you are a guy reader, you may wish to skip this part...  For some reason, my hormones have been all out of wack the past week.  This can be a positive and a negative, depending on who you are in my life.  If you are one of my close girlfriends, you have probably had to listen to my whining about many things; the hubs has been "treading lightly" so as not to bring on a hormone-induced rant.  It has been interesting to say the least, but it is finally dying down. (Thank God!)

Heat/Humidity - I have been trying to get up at 5:15 several mornings and week for the past few weeks to get in a few quick miles.  The first two weeks weren't so bad, but this week sucked.  At 5:40 in the morning, it has been almost 80 degrees.  This is the type of run that makes you wonder why in the hell you are even out there.  It equals = totally sweaty within 4 minutes; no water after about 10; giving up after 1.5 miles and being mad at yourself.  Hopefully some of the heat/humidity will calm down or this chick will have to get up at 3 a.m. to run.

Hills - The hubs and I live in a part of town called "North Hills".  I have been following a certain straight out-and-back route for my weekday morning runs from home.  On Tuesday, I decided to try going through some of the neighborhoods around me.  It felt great to have a change of scenery at first.  Then, there came the monster hills - no bueno.  Needless to say, I definitely learned why the area is called "North Hills" and now totally believe that the area needs a new name because that is the biggest understatement.

I am sure there are more "H" things I can write about...  Hope you are all well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment