On July 24, 2010, I went on my first run with the NCRC women's beginner running program. I enjoyed being surrounded by women that were like me - they had goals, they had something they wanted to accomplish, they were going to run and not give up. It was great. Through the group, I have met lots of awesome women that I believe are some of the best people to ever exist!
Quick summary of the year:
- July 24 - Began the NCRC women's beginner running program
- September 24 - 1st 5K ever (Women's Distance Festival)
- September to November - continued working out with my trainer and running
- November 6 - Completed my 2nd 5K (NC Lung Cancer Partnership 5K)
- November 7 - Served as a course monitor for the City of Oaks Half Marathon. This served as reassurance that I could do a half marathon!
- November 25 - Completed my 1st 8K (Ridgewood Turkey Trot); I ran on Thanksgiving Day! This was something I never thought I would do!
- November 30 - Recommitted for the last time to Weight Watchers!
- December 11 - Reindeer Romp 5K
- December 19 - Completed my first 10K with Sarah (on the Raleigh greenways)
- January 1 - I made some pretty darn good goals for the year. The only thing I am concerned about conquering for the year is 700 miles.
- January 31 - Dealt with my first bit of anxiety about my first half marathon
- April 2 - Completed the Cooper River Bridge Run
- May 14 - Completed my very first half marathon!!!!!
- June 11-13 - Took my hubs on a surprise birthday trip
- June 25 - Started volunteering for Dress for Success. I love this opportunity to help women gain more confidence through finding clothes for interviews!
- July 2 - Had my first Green Monster and I loved it!
- July 16 - Completed the Beaufort Road Race 10K
- July 18 and 19 - First two runs as a volunteer for the NCRC women's beginner running program
- July 24 - ONE YEAR "Run-iversary"!!!
If you are thinking about making changes in your life, you can do it. Hell, if I can do it - anyone can. You have people that have been where you are all over the place - there are blogs to prove it. Here's to your success!