Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Back on the WW train

My first blog post was about my decision to transform myself.   I still do not know exactly what triggered the declaration in May 2010, but here are some of the reasons: 
  • I was back over 200 pounds again.  The thought of carrying 200+ pounds on my 5'4" frame disgusts me.
  • I was several months before turning 30 and knew that I couldn't keep on flitting through life.  I wanted to be sure I had time to enjoy the rest of my "youth".
  • I was just unhappy with myself.  I couldn't name a specific item, but I was just not in a good place.
But the thing that really got my butt in gear was having deeper thoughts about my future.  It was more than "I am chubby/fat and want to look pretty in this or that..."  For some reason, knowing that I was turning 30 in a few months made me realize that the lifestyle transformation needed to happen sooner rather than later, or it would never happen.  Did I really think that I could wait until I was 40, 50, or 60+ to make changes to my life?  Yes, at one point I did believe that.  However, as I thought about it more, I thought "Why wait?  If you wait, you are wasting time that you could be enjoying doing other things and accomplishing other goals."  I knew it was time to take the bull by the horns and do something.

So, as a continuation of this journey to transform myself, I recommitted to the Weight Watchers program.  I have been talking about going, but I ended up going to a meeting with my college roommate last night (hi Charity!  love ya!).  I have been on and off the Weight Watchers program since 2005.  This time, I didn't just join WW, I made the commitment to stay on WW and evolve personally while I am on the program.  This means that I will: 
  • Continue to run and try to find other fulfilling exercise activities
  • Try to reduce/eliminate foods that I am "addicted to"
  • Track the foods I eat honestly
  • Change how I think about food and life
  • Believe in me!
  • Work hard to accept that no one is perfect and success only comes with passion and persistence
So...  Time to get moving on reclaiming my future!

2 comments:

  1. That's great! I love Weight Watchers and am really looking forward to learning the new program at my meeting on Saturday.

    I rejoined WW 3 years ago and when I walked in that door (for the millionth time) I said to myself - Unless there's some dire emergency - I'm coming to my meeting no matter what. Week by week, good, bad or ugly - I will go to my meeting. And I have accomplished that. I've had some really ugly weeks but going to that meeting ALWAYS helps, no matter how much I don't want to face the music sometimes.

    They always "bravo" those who lose weight. And I think they should but I've often thought that we should really bravo ourselves when we have the strength to keep walking thru those doors when the going is tough and the scale not so kind.

    Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great! I'm really happy for you! :0) It's always easier with a buddy, too!

    ReplyDelete