Sunday, November 21, 2010

Boo to injuries

This week has been an off week for running and I have to say that it has totally sucked.  My normal routine  usually looks like this:  running with Sarah on Monday, personal training on Tuesday, cross training/weights on Wednesday, running with Sarah on Thursday, rest day on Friday, running with Sarah on Saturday, and cross training on Sunday.  The normal routine was a total bust this week and it has gotten me into a funk. 

Why getting out of the normal, you might ask?  Well, back in late August, I did something to my adductor/IT band in my right leg (helpful image below).  I took about 3 weeks off, but was feeling OK enough to finish my 1st 5K with my beginner's running program at the end of September.  Last Saturday, Sarah and I ran at Oak Park and things were going well.  However, after our run, something in my leg/"girly bits" just didn't feel right.  I stretched more when I got home, took and anti-inflammatory and hoped for the best.  Needless to say, this week has been tough.  When those muscle are strained, it makes everything more difficult - getting in the car, crossing your legs, lifting your leg to put on pants, etc.  So, needless to say, it has been interesting.  I am going to take it easy again for the beginning of this week, in hopes that I can actually run my Turkey Trot on Thursday.

I have signed up to do the Ridgewood Turkey Trot 8K on Thanksgiving Day.  In October, I attended Diva Night at Fleet Feet.  They had all kinds of door prizes that you could put your ticket(s) in the running to receive.  I put mine in the free Turkey Trot registration and I won.  I never, ever win anything and I took this as a sign that I should bust out of my comfort zone and do it.  I am looking forward to the race on Thanksgiving, but hoping that my little leg issue doesn't cause me any issues.

In other news, we are putting up our Christmas decorations today!  YAY!  Jason and I love the Christmas season.  I think that Christmas decor has the potential to make almost any person happy.  I'll post pics when we are all done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment