Friday, November 5, 2010

Fleet Feet Racing Team

I have been thinking about joining the Fleet Feet Racing Team since I discovered it on their website last month.  I went to Fleet Feet for the first time the week after I started the NCRC Women's Beginner Running Program.  I felt comfortable when I walked into the store and didn't feel like I was being profiled as a runner (or in my case a non-runner). 

So, I finally decided to email Amanda, the store manager, yesterday to get a little more information (and reassurance) from her.  I am definitely no Pheidippides, but I do love to run (slowly).  Amanda calmed my nerves about being the only "penguin" on the training team.  She I went to the store last night, purchased 2 new base layers, a pair of Smart Wool socks and my team singlet.  I will be wearing it tomorrow for the Free to Breathe 5K.  I am looking forward to being a part of the Fleet Feet Racing Team and encouraging other people to join in on running.

No comments:

Post a Comment