I am not big on resolutions. I have always been one of those people that makes all these lofty resolutions and loses interest after about 1 month. I have decided that instead of laying out resolutions, I am going to set some goals for myself. I am going to do the best I can to reach those goals and will report back at the end of the year. but I do think every person should set goals for things they want to try to do each year. So, here are my goals for 2011:
- Move with pace, purpose, and intention every single day. This was already one of my goals, but it was reinforced when I read John "The Penguin" Bingham's blog post today. I do not plan to run every day, as I am definitely not going for the goal of being a streak runner. The movement can be anything - walking, stairmill, climbing the stairs in the office during lunch, WiiFit, etc.
- Run at least one race per month. I started running in July and have fell in love with it. I think that I will continue to be most fulfilled by running if I sign up for a race each month. I think I am only missing a race for June and August.
- Run a half marathon. I am certain that I can do this. I will definitely not be the fastest person, but I am going to do one. I am hoping do the Run for the Warriors in Jacksonville on May 14.
- Continue to do well on Weight Watchers.
- Run at least 700 miles in 2011. If I continue at the rate of running I am doing now, I should have no problem averaging 13.5 miles per week.
- Volunteer with the NCRC Women's Beginner Running Program. I definitely attribute a lot of my 2010 fitness success to the NCRC program. I met some awesome people and found a hobby/fitness activity that I absolutely love.
- Continue to work on my overall transformation. I made a lot of progress in 2010 and need to continue progressing in 2011. Can't wait to see what this year will bring!