Saturday, January 1, 2011

Here's to 2011

Well, 2010 is now over.  It was a pretty darn good year.  There were definite highs and lows, but I feel like I made the best of every situation I was in.  I accomplished some things that I never thought I would do, and it feels pretty amazing.

I am not big on resolutions.  I have always been one of those people that makes all these lofty resolutions and loses interest after about 1 month.  I have decided that instead of laying out resolutions, I am going to set some goals for myself.  I am going to do the best I can to reach those goals and will report back at the end of the year.  but I do think every person should set goals for things they want to try to do each year.  So, here are my goals for 2011:
  • Move with pace, purpose, and intention every single day.  This was already one of my goals, but it was reinforced when I read John "The Penguin" Bingham's blog post today.  I do not plan to run every day, as I am definitely not going for the goal of being a streak runner.  The movement can be anything - walking, stairmill, climbing the stairs in the office during lunch, WiiFit, etc. 
  • Run at least one race per month.  I started running in July and have fell in love with it.  I think that I will continue to be most fulfilled by running if I sign up for a race each month.  I think I am only missing a race for June and August.
  • Run a half marathon.  I am certain that I can do this.  I will definitely not be the fastest person, but I am going to do one.  I am hoping do the Run for the Warriors in Jacksonville on May 14. 
  • Continue to do well on Weight Watchers. 
  • Run at least 700 miles in 2011.  If I continue at the rate of running I am doing now, I should have no problem averaging 13.5 miles per week.
  • Volunteer with the NCRC Women's Beginner Running Program.  I definitely attribute a lot of my 2010 fitness success to the NCRC program.  I met some awesome people and found a hobby/fitness activity that I absolutely love.
  • Continue to work on my overall transformation.  I made a lot of progress in 2010 and need to continue progressing in 2011.  Can't wait to see what this year will bring!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I'll check with my friend for her blog. She was putting it together, but not sure if it's public yet.

    ReplyDelete