Thursday, January 6, 2011

Today was awesome

Today was beyond awesome for several reasons:
  • Monday was not a fluke! - Sarah and I ran a 5K on our normal trail on Monday evening.  When we finished, we realized that we shaved 3 minutes off our time.  We were both shocked.  In my mind, it was a fluke.  We had been averaging about 13:15/13:30 per mile.  All of a sudden, we finished a mile at an average pace of 12:03?!?  Who were these "speed demons"?  Well, it wasn't a fluke.  We ran another 5K today, at a 12:10/mile.  YAY!
  • Awesome gifts - Sarah and I exchanged our Christmas gifts today (yes, almost 2 weeks late).  She got me an awesome necklace that has two hearts on a copper disc and a larger silver disk below it that says "to run".  That's us - we love to run!  Little did she know that I had been eyeing several very similar necklaces, but wouldn't buy one for myself.  Thanks lady!
  • Mango - I tried mango for the very first time ever this evening.  I stopped by Trader Joe's on my way home after our run to pick up some hummus.  A little further down, I saw a plastic container with cut mango.  I figured that since Weight Watchers allows me to have fruit for free, I may as well venture toward something new.  So good!  I have a nice little container with mango, watermelon, and grapes for a snack tomorrow.
  • 100 day challenge is going well - I have moved intentionally every single day since the beginning of 2011.  I know it is only 6 days, but come on - it is an accomplishment.
  • Compliments are a great pick-me-up - I was a bit down early in the week for no explainable reason.  I got several more compliments today from people I don't see often.  It was great.  I think I am finally out of my funk.
  • FRIENDS and FAMILY - I am surrounded by the most supportive group of family and friends.  We may not always agree about every single topic, but we are there for one another.  I love it. 
So, YAY!  Today was a wonderful day.  When I have a day like today, it sustains my joy for a long time.  Here's to many more happy, wonderful days!

No comments:

Post a Comment