Monday, January 17, 2011

Crockpot Minestrone turned Jumble Soup

Our menu for the week included making Crockpot Minestrone.  At some point during the process of making our soup in the crockpot, I decided to add some more ingredients.  To the original recipe, I added a can of drained and rinsed black beans and a big bag of frozen stir fry mixed vegetables. 

We knew that the soup was no longer minestrone and needed a name.  Jason and I have named our yummy soup...  Jumble Soup.  That's just exactly how it came about - a jumble of somewhat random ingredients that didn't really go.

The only modification I will make the next time I make Jumble Soup will be with the frozen vegetable mix.  The stir fry vegetables had broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, mushrooms, and water chestnuts.  The water chestnuts didn't really fit with the mix of other veggies, so I will find a different frozen vegetable combination. 

1 comment:

  1. it's fun to play around with recipes, although I've ruined a few. Your soup still looks good and sounds healthy!

    ReplyDelete