Thursday, January 27, 2011

Love/hate relationship with another piece of gym equipment

I have made my love/hate relationship with the stairmill known in several different blog posts.  I don't think I have ever mentioned my love/hate relationship with the Cybex Arc Trainer.

This lovely piece of equipment is a great cross-training tool.  I have used it sporadically in the past, but usually gave up after 5 minutes or so. 
Yesterday, I went to the gym and decided that I was going to stay on it for 30 minutes.  I thought "Surely, if I can climb stairs for 30 minutes, I can do this for 30 minutes."  I did accomplish my 30 minute goal, but I was soaking wet when I finished.  I guarantee that I broke a good sweat on the Arc within 5 minutes of getting on it, something that never happens on the elliptical.  I guess the Arc engages different muscles in a different way than the elliptical.

While the Arc Trainer isn't my favorite, I have a feeling I'll be getting more friendly with this piece of equipment for a while.  It seems that the 4 Arc Trainers at my gym are the only things that are always open.  I guess everyone is intimidated by the look of the thing.  Who knows....

After my sweat session at the gym, I went home and fixed leftover Brown Rice and Black Bean Casserole and a frozen vegetable for dinner.  I had an appointment with my hair stylist at 7:30 p.m. for a cut and color.  Boy, did I do something drastic last night - I went from dark blonde/light brown to a really dark brown with red undertones.  I love it!  I'll post a pic soon!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that looks intimidating! Way to show it who's boss. :)

    ReplyDelete