Monday, January 17, 2011

Jumping in on McFatty Monday

One of my favorite people is Blair (pen name), over at Heir to Blair.  I would encourage anyone to read her ridiculously honest blog about her life.  Anyway, she does something called McFatty Monday.  I have decided to join in on the McFatty Monday train as another way to hold myself accountable.  I figure that if I link to her site each week and follow more blogs of people dealing with the same struggles as I am, then each of us will glean something from the other.

I don't plan to rehash my recommitting to Weight Watchers, my running, or anything else I have said in my blog.  It's all there and I would love to hear what others think of what I am doing.  I am going to become the most healthy I can be.  I am not going to worry with the number on the scale, so long as I feel good and I am healthy.  

Some of my tips for success:
  • Write it all down - Every single morsel that goes into your mouth should be recorded.
  • Eat lots of fruit and veggies! - Almost all veggies and all fresh fruits are 0 points plus values in Weight Watchers.  
  • Find some favorite snack combos and keep them ready for those "gotta have something" moments - One my favs is Trader Joe's hummus with cut up veggies - 4 tablespoons of hummus is 3 points plus and it goes a long way on some yummy carrots, celery, cucumber, bell peppers, etc.
  • Try new things! - I tried a new roasted root vegetable recipe that I found on Weight Watchers last night.  I would have never tried parsnips several years ago, but they were so yummy!
  • Get up and move - I have joined a challenge to move intentionally for 30 minutes every day for a minimum of 100 days.  I plan to continue moving with intention after the 100 day challenge is over.   
  • Figure out what works for you - I have a hard time with not snacking when I am bored, stressed, busy, etc.  Sometimes I can have just a little snack and sometimes it turns into eating just to eat.  When I feel one of those moments coming on, I now eat a little snack.  If I feel it continuing, I drink black coffee.  It works for me.  I don't know if it is the warmth of the coffee or if it fills some void or what - but it works for me. 
Here's to a great week!  Best wishes to all of you that join the McFatty Monday train!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Regan! Thanks for following my blog :) I just read your story and am very inspired. I too have been on Weight Watchers multiple times and have had to discontinue due to financial reasons. However, the lessons I learned have changed my life. And so has running! I'm glad you've found something you love to do and feel healthy doing it. I look forward to following your journey.

    ~Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I really enjoy your blog. Hopefully you know it's very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete