I don't plan to rehash my recommitting to Weight Watchers, my running, or anything else I have said in my blog. It's all there and I would love to hear what others think of what I am doing. I am going to become the most healthy I can be. I am not going to worry with the number on the scale, so long as I feel good and I am healthy.
Some of my tips for success:
- Write it all down - Every single morsel that goes into your mouth should be recorded.
- Eat lots of fruit and veggies! - Almost all veggies and all fresh fruits are 0 points plus values in Weight Watchers.
- Find some favorite snack combos and keep them ready for those "gotta have something" moments - One my favs is Trader Joe's hummus with cut up veggies - 4 tablespoons of hummus is 3 points plus and it goes a long way on some yummy carrots, celery, cucumber, bell peppers, etc.
- Try new things! - I tried a new roasted root vegetable recipe that I found on Weight Watchers last night. I would have never tried parsnips several years ago, but they were so yummy!
- Get up and move - I have joined a challenge to move intentionally for 30 minutes every day for a minimum of 100 days. I plan to continue moving with intention after the 100 day challenge is over.
- Figure out what works for you - I have a hard time with not snacking when I am bored, stressed, busy, etc. Sometimes I can have just a little snack and sometimes it turns into eating just to eat. When I feel one of those moments coming on, I now eat a little snack. If I feel it continuing, I drink black coffee. It works for me. I don't know if it is the warmth of the coffee or if it fills some void or what - but it works for me.