Saturday, January 15, 2011

Lovin' running in the sun!

The past few weeks, I feel like all I have done is complain about the weather.  But, come on...  It has been cold, icy, windy, and it just plain sucked.  Well, I woke up this morning to the most beautiful rays of sunshine peeking in my windows.  That just made me want to jump up and get movin'!

Sarah, Alisha, and I met at Crabtree at 9 for our run.  I love running with Sarah, but Alisha has been a wonderful addition to our little team the last two weeks.  Yay for great running buddies!  We were able to finish 4.4 miles at a average pace of 12:09/mile.  I am loving seeing our pace be very close to the 12 minute/mile area.  To think that in September, we were around a 14:25 mile.  The very best part of our run this morning - it was sunny!  The change from terribly uncomfortable cold to cold with sun is awesome!

This afternoon, we met Sarah and Preston at Rudino's for lunch.  I had the most awesome veggie grinder - I could totally eat it every day of the week (well, maybe not).  After lunch, we headed to the Norman Rockwell exhibit at the NC Museum of Art.  It was cool to see art, that I remember seeing in the form of prints as a child, up close and personal.  One big negative was the sheer number of people.  Jason and I decided that we will definitely go on a weekday to future special exhibits.  Being crammed in a gallery trying to look at beautiful art isn't always the most fun. 

The rest of the weekend is shaping up to be pretty busy, but wonderful!

Sunday:  gym; brunch with aunt, uncle and cousins (?); meeting up with in-laws to get a new corner cabinet for our bedroom; friends coming over for yummy dinner and football
Monday: laundry!; run with Sarah; doing some work for the office in preparation for a conference this week; relax!

2 comments:

  1. I had a nice sunny run yesterday too. Isn't it amazing how your body just improves over time and next thing you know, you're running a little faster and little further. Keep on runnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to enjoy the sun! Great job on the run!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete