Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Messy dinner tastes better

Each week, I plan a menu.  On Thursday or Friday, I email Jason with the proposed menu and he says "yay" or "nay" to the menu and/or suggests changes.  Several months ago, I was browsing AllRecipes and came across a recipe that we decided to try.

We tried the Brown Rice and Black Bean Casserole and it is now a staple in our menu planning.  We had the recipe as written the first time, but have since modified it:

  • More veggies! - green/red/yellow bell peppers, squash, and extras of all the veggies already included
  • Added a can of (drained) diced tomatoes
  • Changed the cheese from Swiss to cheddar or Monterey Jack
We had it for dinner last night and it once again did not disappoint.  A 9" x 13" pan makes 6 huge servings and the best part...  only 7 points plus per serving!


It isn't the prettiest thing to look at, but it is so delicious!!
(Can you tell I am not a food blogger?)



1 comment:

  1. Great running fuel too! I love brown rice and beans, I have it often!

    ReplyDelete