Monday, January 3, 2011

Really ready to conquer the next challenge

I have had a goal all along to complete a half marathon in late 2011/early 2012.  In the last few weeks, that goal has changed quite a bit.  Sarah and I have officially decided to make the Run for the Warriors in Jacksonville, NC our first half marathon.  I am so excited!  I am slightly concerned with the date (May 14), as Jason and I will be on a cruise/at Disney World from May 5 through 12.  Oh well, I am gonna do it.

I think that I am finally really ready to conquer a half marathon, mentally and physically.  It was a lofty goal when I mentioned it on my Facebook last May.  It was unrealistic, in my mind, when I started the NCRC running program in July.  I wasn't in any mental or physical shape to work toward such a goal several months ago.  Now, after seeing just how far I have come, I am ready.  I am ready to look this challenge in the face and defeat it

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing! Good for you!! Isn't it something, how we can progress towards these goals. I'm not mentally there yet for a half, but I'm thinking about it for September. Way to Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think y'all will be ok with the Disney Cruise then running a Half. I did it in October for the WDW Wine and Dine Half and I was fine! We got off the boat on Thursday and the race was on Saturday. I did get sick on the boat (very cruddy, cold...ugh) but I think it's because I left all my vitamins at home by accident. Just wash your hands a lot and you should be fine! :0) Y'all are going to do AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete