Monday, January 24, 2011

Penguin'll cut a bi*ch

I think that my running buddy (Sarah) thought I was joking when I said that I was going to write a blog post about the phrase - "Penguin'll cut a bi*ch!" Boy, oh boy, was she wrong...

Today, Sarah and I met up for our normal Monday afternoon run. When we were getting out of the car, I suggested that we might want to go to the left on the trail (we normally go to the right). There is a hellacious bridge that feels like it is 2 miles long if you go to the left. I haven't been on this particular part of the trail since October and I was feeling froggy to try it again. Sarah agreed and we killed it. I love how much I have improved since then, both physically and mentally.

So, anyway... There is a part of the trail that goes under Capital Boulevard. It is a little scary because under the bridge is really dark, even when it is still pretty light out. On the way under the bridge the first time, I told Sarah that I liked the trail as a whole, but hated going under that particular bridge because of the darkness and being concerned that someone may be under the bridge. She said loudly "I got a knife and I'll cut a bi*ch." It was quite funny....


Well, on our way back, we were discussing that a coworker was trying to get together a "NCLM Racing Team"/5K training group and I pretty much told my coworker that I would lead the penguins. Well, next thing I know, we are going under the bridge and Sarah says "Penguin'll cut a bi*ch!" We both busted out laughing. We probably laughed for a quarter mile. Being slow-ish is so worth the fun comments you can make about being a penguin while running.

3 comments:

  1. Too funny! Nothing like a good running buddy to make a run fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fantastic run and partner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I kind of have to know where this is! Haha.

    ReplyDelete