Sunday, January 30, 2011

Busy couple of days

The past few days have been quite busy, but wonderful.  A recap:

Friday:
  • Took the day off work since my parents were going to get to Raleigh mid-morning
  • Went to the gym at 7:30 a.m. and had personal training appointment at 8:00 a.m.  Despite my asking him to "take it easy", Rick kicked my butt.  Oh well...
  • Took my parents to see the American Chronicles: The Art of Norman Rockwell at the NC Museum of Art.  This was the second time I had been to the exhibit and I was amazed yet again
  • Got our passport applications sent off!  We're looking forward to our Disney Dream cruise in May!
  • Hanging out/dinner at our house
Saturday:
    
  • All Star 5K!  While the entire weekend was wonderful, this had to be the highlight.  My Mama went to the race with me and I met up with Sarah and some other running buddies.  Sarah and I had discussed the possibility of the All Star 5K being a race PR and it was!  The course had a couple of hills that weren't too fun, but we pushed through and finished in 38:43 (12:38 pace)!  It is so awesome to see how far we have come since a 44-minute 5K in September!

Running friends with Stormy (from left:  Beth, me, Stormy, Sarah, Sruthi, and Alisha)

  • U.S. Figure Skating Championships - Most people don't know this, but I love to watch figure skating and gymnastics.  The U.S. Figure Skating Championships have been in Greensboro for the last week.  In early January, I called to see about getting tickets, what competition would be happening when we wanted to go, etc.  I found out that the women's championship free skate would be the event occurring when we wanted to go - this was music to my ears.  We had a great time watching the lovely routines.  Unfortunately, because the event was in Greensboro, we had to leave before the last 4 skaters finished.  Never fear - I DVR'd it when I got home and will finish watching the competition this afternoon
Sunday (today):
  • My parents are coming over for brunch.  We're going to try a Texas-Style (breakfast) Casserole that I found on the Weight Watchers website.  Hope it is yummy
  • Going for a walk on the greenway with my college roommate, Charity
  • Relaxing and gearing up for the work week ahead
I may be exhausted, but this weekend was totally worth it!

3 comments:

  1. The 5K sounds awesome! :0) Looks like you had a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 5k - great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend!! I'm in need of a 5K right now :)

    ReplyDelete